Categories of Personal Information We May Collect
When you use our Services, we may collect the following kinds of Personal Information from you as needed:
Contact info, such as:
telephone number, and
home, business, and billing addressees
Government issued identification required for booking or identity verification, such as passport, or driver’s license information
Payment information such as payment card number, expiration date, and billing address
Travel-related preferences and requests, including:
preferences and favorite accommodations, flights, and/or activities etc.
special dietary requirements
Geolocation (if user opts in)
Information we receive about you from third parties such as our business and affiliate partners and authorized service providers which may include updated contact information, demographic information, interests, and purchase history, which we may add to your account or profile and use for market research and analysis
Social media account ID and other publicly available information (we also may request you share of with us social media links, likes, and posts, but doing so will be specifically requested and sharing will require your consent)
Communications with us (such as recordings of calls with customer service representatives for quality assurance and training purposes)
Searches you conduct, transactions, and other interactions with you through our Services
Data you give us about other people, such as your travel companions or others for whom you are making a booking
We may use various technologies to collect Non-Personal Information about your access to our Services including:
1. Server Statistics. We may collect general statistics to track user trends on our Services. These statistics include hits to our server, the types of browsers used to access the Site, page views, and navigational patterns. The information that is collected in this manner does not provide us with any personally identifiable information about our users. It helps us track “where” our users are coming from. This allows us to pinpoint high traffic areas and determine the most effective ways to communicate with our users. In order to prevent the introduction of viruses and hackers into the Site, we may collect information, such as IP addresses, into a log file to be used to identify potential hackers of the Site.
2. Clear GIFs. We may use pixel tags (also called clear gifs) or other similar tracking technologies collect information about your navigation on our Services, and to enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message. This information enables us to serve you and your interests better.
3. Cookies. To serve you faster and with better quality, we use "cookie" technology. Cookies are small pieces of text sent as files to your computer or mobile device when you visit most websites. Cookies may be delivered by us (first party cookies) or delivered by third-party suppliers (third-party cookies). Cookies are either session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies enable sites to recognize and link the actions of a user during a browsing session and expire at the end of each session. Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user and these cookies are stored on your system or device until they expire, although you can delete them before the expiration date.
Cookies may be used to:
Determine which domain to measure
Distinguish unique users
Throttle the request rate
Remember the number and time of previous visits
Remember traffic source information
Determine the start and end of a session
Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
XOKind’s Mobile Application
General device information, such as model, OS, brand, and orientation
RAM and disk size
Carrier (based on Mobile Country and Network Code)
Radio/Network information (for example, WiFi, LTE, 3G)
Country (based on IP address)
Jailbroken or rooted status of device
Battery level and battery-charging state
App foreground or background state
App package name
A pseudonymous app-instance identifier
Network URLs (not including URL parameters or payload content) and the following corresponding information:
Response codes (for example, 403, 200)
Payload size in bytes
Duration times for automated traces.
Permissions for Location-Based Services
Depending on your device’s settings and permissions and your choice to participate in certain programs, we may collect the location of your device by using GPS signals, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi signals, Bluetooth or other technologies. We will collect this information, if you opt in through the App or other program (either during your initial login or later) to enable certain location-based services available within the App (for example, locating available lodging closest to you). To disable location capabilities of the App, you can log off or change your mobile device’s settings.
Use of Personal Information
Depending on the particular Services you access, we may use your Personal Information for some of the various purposes described below:
1. Uses related to your use of our Services:
Booking requested travel, accommodations, activities, etc.
Providing services related to your booking(s)
Creating, maintaining, and updating user accounts and authenticating you as a user
Enable and facilitate acceptance and processing of payments and other transactions
2. Uses related to user communications and/or marketing:
Responding to your questions and requests for information
Enabling communication between you and travel and activity suppliers
Marketing our products and services, optimizing such marketing to be more relevant to you, and measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of our marketing and promotions
3. Other business and compliance related purposes:
Maintaining, improving, researching, and measuring the effectiveness of our Site and App and their functionality, performance, and effectiveness
Promoting security, verifying identities of our customers, preventing and investigating fraud and unauthorized activities, defending against claims and other liabilities, and managing other risks
Complying with applicable laws, protect our and our users’ rights and interest, defend ourselves, and responding to law enforcement, other legal authorities, and requests that are part of a legal process
Complying with applicable security and anti-terrorism, anti-bribery, customs and immigration, and other such due diligence laws and requirements
Operating our business and other business related purposes permitted by law
Sharing of Personal Information
1. Third-party service providers. We share Personal Information with third-parties in connection with the delivery of services to you and the operation of our business (for example, to provide credit card processing, customer service, business analytics, fraud prevention and compliance services, and so that we may serve you with advertising and promotions regarding our services that are tailored to your interests). These third-party service providers are required to protect Personal Information we share with them and may not use any directly identifying Personal Information other than to provide services we contracted them for. They are not allowed to use the Personal Information we share for purposes of their own direct marketing (unless you have separately consented with the third-party under the terms provided by the third-party).
2. Travel suppliers. We share Personal Information with travel-related suppliers such as hotels, airlines, car-rental companies, insurance, activity providers, and tour operators who fulfill your booking. Please note that travel suppliers may contact you to obtain additional information if and as required to facilitate your booking or to otherwise provide the travel or associated services.
3. Legal rights and obligations. We may disclose your Personal Information to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted (or believe in good faith that we are required) to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect and defend our property, people and other rights or interests. We may also share your Personal Information pursuant to a subpoena or other legal request, or as necessary to remit certain taxes in the course of processing payments as required by law or legal process.
Your Personal Information Related Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information:
You can update the accuracy of your information at any time by either logging into your account or contacting us at email@example.com
If you have an account with us, you may change your communication preferences by logging in and updating the information in your account
You can control our use of certain cookies by editing the settings in your web browser
If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional emails, you may unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email. You can also log into your account to change communication settings. Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from or opt out of marketing emails, we may still send you important transactional and account-related messages from which you will not be able to unsubscribe
For our App, you can view and manage notifications and preferences in the settings menus of the App and of your operating system
If we are processing or utilizing your Personal Information on the basis of consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that occurred before you withdrew consent and it will not affect our processing of your Personal Information that is conducted in reliance on a legal basis other than consent
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" (DNT) signals to sites with which the browser communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether users are even aware of them. Until a standard for DNT is set, our Site will not support DNT directly. We have enacted various measures though to anonymize user data received from users that we recognize as transmitting DNT signals in an attempt to honor their request as much as practical.
Personal Information Submitted by Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
While no Internet site can guarantee absolute security, we use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to assist us in preventing unauthorized access, maintaining data accuracy, and correctly using your Personal Information. Any personal information is encrypted both in transit between the user’s device and our servers and at rest. Access to these servers is severely restricted based on role-based access control and the principle of least privilege. All operations performed on these servers generate auditable events that additionally track the authenticated user performing the operation.
International Data Transfer
The Personal Information we process may be transmitted or transferred to countries other than the country in which you reside. Those countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
The duration of our relationship with you, including any open accounts or recent bookings or other transactions you have made
Whether we have a legal obligation related to your Personal Information, such as laws requiring us to keep records of your transactions with us
Whether there are any current and relevant legal obligations affecting how long we will keep your Personal Information, including contractual obligations, litigation holds, statutes of limitations, and regulatory investigations
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 4/21/2020